Monday, January 14, 2013

Dixie Doll

I honestly can't remember having a foster dog that was this easy.

The only place I really fault Dixie is she's a bit pushy. I get the feeling she was an only dog, even though she has slid right into the pack hierarchy, she tends to not be really aware of boundaries. With Penny, it's OK. She really doesn't care. With Skeeter, the Chihuahua, he's a bit less tolerant. And Gigi. Well, Gigi I think has also been an only dog and her acceptance of another dog pushing her boundaries is a bit more expressive. Nothing major between the two girls, but Dixie isn't as close to her as she is to Penny and Skeeter.

She is just fine with both the cats here, too, and I wouldn't have any qualms putting her in a house with dog friendly cats.

I think, too, she prefers men. She's just fine with me, but she really gravitates to Randall. Of course, that could be because the den where he is, is warmer than the bedroom where my computer is, and there's a basket in there she can sometimes co-opt from Skeeter if she's fast enough. It would be no problem for her to go into a home with just a woman, but I think Dixie's dream home would also include a man to go with a comfy basket and lots of blankets.

Being on a diet is paying off. I've seen a gradual weight loss. She's down to a bit over 13 pounds. I still can't feel her ribs, and I'd like to see another 1/2 pound off her, but she's headed in the right direction and is looking good.

February is Senior Month at ATDR, and I'm going to try this week to get some good photos of her. As much as I would hate for her to leave, this girl is absolutely adoptable. Being crate trained and house broken helps widen her appeal, so if anyone is looking for a super senior, take a look at Dixie.

No comments:

Post a Comment