Sunday, January 27, 2013

A definite sense of entitlement...

...either that or just a picky eater. :)

Mr. Buddy isn't a big fan of most of the handouts the rest of the household gets. As a matter of fact, today he turned down a boiled egg, something I don't think I've ever had a dog do. However, he is a REAL BIG FAN of boiled/baked chicken livers.

I was trying to mix up the diet today. Dog food by itself, which had previously had a chicken liver in it. So he got the liver and egg as a snack around 1pm. Totally rejected the egg. Scarfed down the liver like normal.

Then at dinner tonight, he turned up his nose at his kibble until I gave in and added a liver.

Honestly. This boy.

I've also taken to giving him his Robitussin by mouth rather than mixed with food. And he hates it and I don't blame him. Why or why can't they make this stuff in a flavor other than cherry? As much as he hates it, though, at least I know how much of it he's getting.

Seeing less coughing now that he's getting the Lasix, Enalapril and Robitussin on a regular basis. It's still worse at night (and after drinking water), but last night was better than the night before, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed on this. As long as he can be kept comfortable, we're doing good.

This is where you can find Buddy most of the time...he's got a nice cushy blanket/towel combo down next to my desk. It's his spot during the day unless he's in the kitchen with me and it's his spot at night (we gave up on the crate...too much stress).


No comments:

Post a Comment